Shelter openings vary with each emergency. Shelter openings will differ by size and intensity of a disaster. Stay tuned to local media for a listing of shelters, to include the pet-friendly shelters, which will be opened for an event. Do not go to the shelter until local officials announce through the media that the shelter is open.
- Braden River High: 6545 SR 70 East, Bradenton
- Manatee High School: 1000 32nd Street West, Bradenton
- Mills Elementary School: 7200 69th Street East, Palmetto
Pet shelter requirements:
- Pet(s) must arrive with a carrier or cage. Cages will not be available on site.
- Pet(s) must remain in carrier.
- Owners must provide certification that pet(s) are current with rabies vaccination.
- Owners will not permit other shelter occupants to handle or approach pet(s).
- Owners are responsible for the care of their own pet(s).